I moved my green bellpepper plant today. I could not keep it watered for some reason. I think maybe the tomatoes it was planted between were grabbing all its water. So I moved it up to the front part of the garden, right behind where I put the eggplant (which is doing pretty well now). I hope it likes it there better.
I also found that a lot of the bagged mulch has slime and fire ants in it. Admittedly, it has been sitting there for two years, so no wonder. Still, I need it, so I'm dumping it all out onto the carpet for the pathway and letting it dry out. I had to treat some of it for fireants, but the poison won't hurt anything else.
I didn't want to use this mulch for the pathway, so it's just going there to dry, then it will be moved to other parts of the garden.
The danged bermuda grass is coming up around the plants in the side yard, despite my best efforts at mulching with newspapers and wood mulch. That stuff is just impossible to keep under control! I'm going to start spraying the whole side yard with Round Up (not around the plants, of course) to try to get that stuff under control. That side gets a lot of sun, so maybe I can plant something else edible there. I'm thinking of maybe putting the Barbados Cherry on that side.