Saturday, June 27, 2009

What's going on.

Well, a lot has changed since I last posted. I did not get to go to Chicago or New Orleans. A lot of stuff happened in both my son's life and mine, and the trip is now postponed indefinitely.

I started work on the house. Found a very qualified neighbor who could do it cheaply, and managed to get one gable end of the house done before the city came and stopped work because I did not have a permit or a licensed contractor doing the work. There is no way I can afford a licensed contractor. I've pursued every avenue to get around this, but I can't. They won't budge, so in view of the fact that I'm already behind in my house payments, I've made a decision to leave my house and move out of the state of Florida.

I am very sad about this, but excited at the same time. I am choosing wisely, because I want this to be the last time I ever have to move in my life. I'm looking seriously at both south Georgia and New Orleans. Very different kinds of places, but places I could feel at home.

I never did get to do what I wanted to my little homestead in the city, and don't know if I am going to be having a yard where I move. I had bought the name "mytinyhomestead.com" a month or so ago, intending to change the name of the blog, so if I ever do get a place I can homestead, I'll be continuing the blog then.

Thanks to everyone who reads here, and keep checking, because I may just be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that. I do enjoy reading your blog. I live in South Georgia and could tell you all about it! It's hot here too!